if you ran away, just come back home
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
Even without mentioning it aloud, she knows they both mentally have marked off all notions of breadmaking and other pursuits that remind them too heavily of Amalia. Evie’s conviction is like steel, determined to not let the woman’s oppressive ghost ruin what would surely be a delightful time. So she grins instead, eager for a chance to make new memories untainted by their shared grief. “Oh, absolutely. And we have all the necessities for any recipes we could want at our fingertips now!” she gestures her dirtied hands in a vibrant flourish gesturing at all the plants before them, sunlight practically shining through her face. Food insecurity had only just begun to taper away in the Grounds, aided by men like Deimos who could hunt and provide once the barrier shattered. The greenhouse was something Evie had desperately wanted to build herself, but it had been a dead-end dream. Here, however, there was practically a paradise of food and greenery. They would never have to settle for the simplest of desserts or grain-heavy breads again.

Flowers, however, were another matter. Laughter - yet more laughter, and how strange it is, but with each new peal of it she feels more like herself - sneaks between her teeth, trying to keep quiet in case others are in the greenhouse. “You did look quite dashing in them,” she allows, cheekily encouraging a bloom from the nearest herb even though it amounts to a size no bigger than her pinky nail so she can pluck it and turn towards Deimos with it in hand. Stretching onto her toes she aims to quickly place it in his hair, aided by the bun he wears that holds it tightly on the sides for the stem to be held between. “But if it’s in the swamp we have to fit the theme. I’m thinking brambles, ivy? Twigs are the cutting edge of headwear fashion for Liat Fux I hear.” Amusement is a deep pool in her tone as she returns to the flat of her feet, internally damning him for turning her average height into a laughing matter. He deserves the mockery of the flower just for that.

It’s the only reason she catches the change to his expression, which spurs her own in a slight pink that crests her cheeks even as her smile softens away from mischief and further into fondness. “Oh I’m sure you have everything imaginable. Maybe we can even find a secondary weapon I like enough to keep.” It would be difficult to convince her to use anything aside from her throwing knives though. It had taken them enough time training together to find even those to suit her strange fighting style.

His predatory tilt registers, but she has only the figurative nature to meet it with. Tilting her own with coy and playful manifestations. “It’s what I did in the Wilds, why not? You’ll just have to knock on the leaves to be let inside whenever you visit me.” She trails through the last few rows, reluctant to leave but becoming more aware of the public nature of the greenhouse as they occupy it longer. They have a lot to talk about, and she doesn’t know when he’ll finally ask, but Evie too heavily guards her emotions to talk about or indulge in them in public.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-01-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-14-2022, 04:54 AM