if you ran away, just come back home
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie
fear has favourites
Her laugh is warm and bright, unburdened by old memories and connotations. His suggestion was so simple and yet boyishly charming enough to surprise her into further chuckles. “Definitely cookies. Though you might have to make the mighty sacrifice of eating the lions share; I’m not giving you more reason to drag me to the barracks for training.” As if she’d ever really deny him anyway, but half the fun is in appearing so reluctant. She’s certainly not out of shape, but that doesn’t mean she rolls out of bed eager to get sweaty like some people.

The flush of his cheeks makes her melt, and she’s glad his eyes dart away so that he won’t see the matching color in her own, or the fond smile she can’t suppress as she places the flower in his hair. Though she’s caught nearly moments later as he turns and poses his question; sarcastic, it seems, but Evie’s eyes move from the tiny flower to his gaze and back before she smiles. Sincere in contrast to his irony. “Absolutely. It brings out your eyes.” The little blossom is pale with tones of lilac, and it draws the warmer shades of blue from his eyes beautifully. Eyes she is beyond grateful to see no longer look so tired and sad. Caido - and her sister, damn her - had done a number on him over the years. Evie is nonetheless glad to see him healing despite it all.

“I’m half-tempted to sell ivy crowns for the festival - but the poisonous kind that itches like hell,” she smirks, happily diverting away from the sincerity of the moment prior. “And then I can sell my remedies to cure it. Great way to get established, don’t you think?” Though she’d have to have someone else sell the crowns lest she lose her customers, it’s a humorous con to envision.

As they pause beneath the smaller, domestic boughs of the apple tree, Evie marvels at his mastery and tries not to make a face at the idea of starting training anew with another weapon, humming innocently instead to try and throw him off the scent. And though it was only a matter of time before he asked, the Evergreen is grateful for the absence of accusation in his tone when the question of her isolation comes around. Sighing, she moves closer to the tree to lean her back against it, staring up into the branches and the sunlight beyond, arms hugging herself around her middle. “The farthest northern reaches of King’s End, just before it turns to the sands of Hak Etme’s borders. The temperature was easier to bear, and my magic made sure I had more reliable food that dissuaded others from settling there. If I needed anything I couldn’t get from the wilds, I simply went to King’s End.” Far from the biggest city or settlement, yes, but it had done the job. Especially once the townspeople warmed up to her after testing the quality of her medicines.
don't let one be you

Table made by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-01-2022, 11:13 PM
RE: if you ran away, just come back home - by Evie - 07-14-2022, 04:11 PM