how fast the night changes
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It does just enough to ease the knots in her stomach a fraction, taking her from feeling on the edge of throwing up to simply nausea as she sits across from him. Her eyes are still stinging from the tear and more fall when he looks up at her despite her best efforts to keep them at bay. Maeve wipes at her cheeks again, hating that he has to see her this way, not wanting him to feel worse than she's sure he already is. He believes her, though. It's something.

Quiet settles over them for a moment as his hands drop back to the table, fingers lacing together to keep from fidgeting, "I know that." She murmurs, aware of how hard Phoebe disappearing again was on him. Especially with Jude in the equation now. Monogamy wasn't out of the question for her. She'd done it for Locke. Even if it had gone poorly in the end. She could do it for Harper, too.

She doesn't interrupt him. It was better to let him finish and get it all out. He does eventually finish and his hand slides across the table. Maeve only takes a second before her hand slips into his, clutching onto his fingers tightly as the ring sits in her other. "There wouldn't be anyone else. It would be us. Forever. For as long as you want me. Wanted this." Their family. Their home. Maeve swallows thickly, meeting his eyes again as she releases another breath, "You don't have to step down from being on the council, either."

The Nightshade takes a moment to pause, trying to collect her thoughts and finally managing to, bringing her other hand into view. She opens it, palm up, ring nestled in the center of her palm. The silver of the metal glinting against her pale skin, the gem clear and sparkling without any blood to tint it red, made warm by the heat of her skin. "I was going to give this to you tonight... I'd had it made when Locke and I were together, but I never gave it to him." She begins, voice tentative, uncertainty still coloring her words. "It acts like a bond. Even if someone isn't Attuned."

Maeve licks her lips, placing the ring on the table, "It's yours if you want it. We can call it whatever you want. I don't care, but I can't lose you. I don't want to let you go."
These violent delights
Have violent ends

Messages In This Thread
how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 04:47 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-13-2022, 05:35 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-13-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-13-2022, 07:24 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-13-2022, 08:17 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 07-26-2022, 10:45 PM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Maeve - 07-27-2022, 01:22 AM
RE: how fast the night changes - by Harper - 08-24-2022, 10:40 PM