{SE} home is wherever I'm with you
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Cordelia
Have you missed that love affair
It still lingers in the air
Had he not started with his first statement, Cordelia might have started crying right then and there, but his words do something to soothe the hurt that flared hotly along the bond despite her best effort to contain it. Her eyes stung with tears, burning as she refused to let them fall, blinking them back as he crushed her against his chest. She was scared too. Terrified. Of course she knew that he might not come back from this. That he might die in this war and she'd be left alone. Broken hearted and struggling to put the pieces back together. "I am too.." She whispered, voice trembling and breaking despite herself, squeezing her eyes shut as the tears finally break free.

It isn't until he pulled back that she forced them open, breath hitching as she met his gaze, trying to muster a smile so she might soothe him. It fell flat, barely curving her lips and appearing more like a grimace, "I love you too, Noah." The Shrike rasped, sniffling as she buried her face against his chest, hiding herself away from the hurt in his eyes. "I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything..." Because despite the fact that it wasn't a 'no' and simply a 'not right now', it didn't change the way it tore through her, rejection a sharp blade in her gut that seemed to twist with each breath.

Messages In This Thread
{SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Cordelia - 09-22-2022, 03:43 PM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Noah - 09-22-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Noah - 10-06-2022, 02:14 PM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Noah - 10-13-2022, 03:45 PM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Cordelia - 10-13-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Noah - 10-15-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Noah - 10-17-2022, 12:09 AM
RE: {SE} home is wherever I'm with you - by Noah - 10-20-2022, 01:50 PM