Shell Game
Open!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru

His words come out like an overflow, spilling forth in a blend of emotions that are plainly discernible. The white of his hands around the spear shaft as they wring restlessly would be evidence enough of his turmoil, but he has yet to learn how to modulate his tone to conceal the depth of emotion which he clearly feels. Ru isn’t sure whether to attribute that to youth as a whole, or years with more snow than socialization to fill his days given the family business he’d made his own.

If she wasn’t so well-adapted to reading people whether they wanted to be or not, perhaps she would give in to her own desire to reach out and gently touch the strain of his knuckles to impart physically what comfort words couldn’t give. Instead, she keeps her smile small and apologetic, taking no (outward) joy in his emotional fluster. “Remi can be quite the fire-breathing gate guard, it’s true. I’ll see if I can speak to him, let him know you’re welcome to come in to visit me.” Though if Tal had stuck his foot into his mouth when meeting Remi, Ru could admittedly only do so much. Maybe install a long distance doorbell? “Even if he refuses, you can always arrange to see me in the Village; any traders are welcome there.” It would be easier than trying to give directions in the forest; though it has grown used to Ru as a long term dweller now, the woods still loved to deceive visitors, and she wasn’t keen on hunting the young man down in the massive expanse of territory surrounding her modest home.

Before they can discuss it any further - though Ru suspects anything emotional is off the table for the next few hours at least - the Penolaeth provides a perfectly timed distraction. Ru stays perfectly still, like the cat within whose stalk could last hours, and her mouth twitches with amusement at Tal’s strained whisper. “No, I think it’s just right. Let it investigate and decide if it wants to trade.” She keeps her voice calm and soft, just loud enough for Tal to hear without spooking the strange creature.
so many roads, you don't know where you've been
but you still know who you are
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Shell Game - by Talyson - 08-14-2022, 10:44 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 08-26-2022, 07:02 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 08-26-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 08-26-2022, 08:46 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 08-26-2022, 10:16 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 09-06-2022, 08:42 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 09-06-2022, 11:15 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 09-12-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 09-13-2022, 01:55 AM
RE: Shell Game - by Hotaru - 09-14-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Shell Game - by Talyson - 09-14-2022, 11:20 PM