{se} In the quiet hearts of hurricanes
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
HARPER
For all her inexperience and recent exposure to what the Attuned bond is, she does not struggle a single moment in quelling the volatile seas of his emotions with the steady calm of her love. It works slowly, but with an insistence that breaks through the typhoon of his own lashing emotions, seeking a target and spinning out upon finding none. Maeve’s lips press to his with a force that even his numb lips can feel, and he stills in her arms, motionless aside from the shiver of cold his body can’t suppress. The storm begins to quiet, leaving only choppy waves and a deep, aching defeat.

When she pulls away, he slowly places his head in the cradle of her cold, pale shoulder. Her pulse thrums against his lips, and he counts the beats of her heart even as he feels and hears in tandem her firm admonishment. Harper goes with her hands willingly as she takes him from her skin and holds his face within her hands. His eyes are sore and red, but he finds her own with a listless determination. Listening, finally. Letting each word sink like a stone through those churning waters to the still sands below. Piercing through the roughage to impress her sincerity upon him. Harper tilts his head further into her touch, trusting her to hold him up in a way nobody else has ever done. “I just want things to be okay,” he starts, voice quiet and empty, “but I don’t even know what that would look like anymore.” And frankly they won’t figure that out here and now on this beach, but he needs to say it anyway. Harper’s eyes slide closed, exhausted by the events of the day. “I love you, Maeve. I love our family. I don’t know anything else but that anymore.” The rest is chaos and grief and confusion. So easy to lose himself in without that rock to cling to.
this is your ocean, an ocean of night

BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Maeve - 09-02-2022, 01:31 AM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 09-02-2022, 04:00 PM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Maeve - 09-02-2022, 04:55 PM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 09-15-2022, 05:16 AM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 10-05-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Maeve - 10-07-2022, 12:19 AM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 10-11-2022, 11:35 PM