{se} In the quiet hearts of hurricanes
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
"What a shame she's fucked in the head," they said.
Oh how she wishes she could make things okay. If only she could snap her fingers and make this all go away. The pain caused by Phoebe, the stress of the war, the uncertainty of everything. What a pretty thought that is.

Maeve holds him to her, shivering in the cold that neither of them can shake, the breeze from the ocean biting into their exposed skin as they cling to each other. The only thing keeping them afloat was this. Their love. All that they are. This is all that they have and that's okay. That will always be okay because it was all they would ever need. Fuck everyone else who tried to get in the way of that.

Her eyes hold his, jade searching warm cerulean, fingers pressing into his jawline as she holds him steady. Never once wavering even as he leans his weight further into her slender frame. "I love you too. I love our family. It's all I want anymore." And it's true. So true that it hurts to think of anything else. "Stay in Torchline with me. Fight with me. We can send the boys to the Sanctuary that Sunjata built if that would make it easier." Even if she hates the idea of them being away from her, but they would be safe there. Safrin's promise rings in her head, knowing that all of the children would be safe thanks to her, but this would just be another step. Another precaution.

"Be with me forever, Harper. I don't want to let you go. Never again will I let someone else take you from me. I- I should have told you before. I wish I had told you sooner, but I have you now. I want our family. Me, you, Edmund, Jude, and one of our own, too. Marry me. After all of this is done. Please."

And oh, the words sound so pretty. So pretty falling from her lips. An unnamed poem, a song without music, words punctuated by the crashing of the waves and the whipping of the wind. The only melody they need set to the beat of their entwined hearts and their mingling breaths. Maeve draws in a breath, letting out in a shudder against his lips as her own curl slightly at the corners, no fear in her heart. She already knows his answer.
Maeve

Messages In This Thread
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Maeve - 09-02-2022, 01:31 AM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 09-02-2022, 04:00 PM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Maeve - 09-02-2022, 04:55 PM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 09-15-2022, 05:16 AM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 10-05-2022, 10:23 PM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Maeve - 10-07-2022, 12:19 AM
RE: In the quiet hearts of hurricanes - by Harper - 10-11-2022, 11:35 PM