nothing gold can stay
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
living in this big blue world with my head up in outer space
Stirring stars instead of sugar in my lemonade
Jude innocently doesn’t consider the confusion that must come in the wake of his call, only aware of how he brightens to hear his mother’s call from the kitchen. In his mind there is no complexity to having two moms, only a surplus of love that he revels in happily, returning it from all sides. “Ici, maman!” he calls back, already crossing the rug in the entrance by time she emerges, hand going to her heart.

Her shock is enough to give him pause, second guessing himself. Little hands grip the hem of his shirt guiltily. “Umm no…Miss Amy took us on a field trip today, and now I’m bigger!” he tries to infuse optimism in his tone as his arms splay in a wide ‘ta-da’, wanting to ease the sorrow he sees in her face. It must work (he’s a genius) because she approaches and takes his face in her hands, and Harper’s gifted dimples emerge immediately as Jude giggles and scrunches up his nose beneath her inspection. He goes into the hug eagerly, wrapping his arms around her waist and enjoying how much more of her he can hold onto now. “I missed you too! Mom took me to get ice cream today, but I couldn’t bring any back to share with you. I’m sorry.” Even with the colder weather, it surely would have melted.
JUDE

Messages In This Thread
nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-06-2022, 11:01 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-06-2022, 11:30 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-07-2022, 12:14 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-08-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-15-2022, 04:05 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-21-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 10-12-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 10-12-2022, 10:35 PM