appointed to see this through
for Safrin <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve smiles softly in return, looking up at her goddess almost as if she was a friend in this moment and on some level, perhaps they were friends. As much of friends as they could be. "He's hard not to like." The Nightshade says with a laugh, shaking her head a little, bottom lip catching between her teeth at the thought of her fiancé. "It isn't for lack of trying. Raising two boys is exhausting." It's said with an air of fond exasperation that can only come from a mother and Safrin will easily pick up on it. Turning her attention back towards Safrin, the Nightshade lowers her wine glass, finding it empty now.

The air turns decidedly somber and she draws in a deep breath as the goddess begins to speak, already sensing the 'but' before Safrin even gets there. Her stomach drops and she struggles to breathe for a moment, but Safrin is there, taking her hands in her own. Maeve looks up at the herald, expression grave as she takes in every word, knowing what this meant. What was being asked of her before Safrin even finished asking her.

Maeve knows that refusing this task would put Caido at risk. Ronin, Remi, Noah, and Deimos were strong. They were capable, but the path before them was one fraught with peril, but to think that she could make a difference is staggering. Still, her goddess needs her. Caido needs her. "We won't let her win, Safrin." Maeve gives her hands a reassuring squeeze, rising up onto her knees before the goddess and dropping her head onto her knees. "I'll fight. For you. For Caido." She vows softly, lifting her head to look up at her and for a moment she seems so small, a scared child clinging to her mother's skirts.

"I- I worry I'm not strong enough. I'm not a demigod. I don't have magic. I've grown so much and that's because of you, but is it enough? Am I enough?" As she is with her weapons and cunning? The Nightshade couldn't say.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Messages In This Thread
appointed to see this through - by Maeve - 10-13-2022, 04:09 PM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Safrin - 10-17-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Maeve - 10-17-2022, 08:41 PM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Safrin - 10-20-2022, 06:37 PM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Maeve - 10-21-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Safrin - 10-21-2022, 02:10 PM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Maeve - 10-22-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: appointed to see this through - by Safrin - 10-24-2022, 05:09 PM