{SEASONAL EVENT} Servant of Two Masters [open!]
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Lily chuckles dryly as Arthur offers her work gloves, but does not refuse the kindness. Though her hands are more rough than they were in Portsmouth, they are no longer the hands of a laborer. She’s gone to bed before with cracked nailbeds and it wasn’t fun. She’s drawn blisters and blood and it wasn’t fun. His chivalry is why she tries to continue to look attractive, and also why she tries to get stronger. It’s a weird mix, right? She wants to be able to help out, but she also wants the little kindnesses from men that indicate they’re noticing things about her, and trying to make her life easier.

When you boil it all down, it’s really just some form of selfishness.

Bending her back to the task at hand, Lily starts to drag a piece towards the ‘useable’ pile, taking care to avoid the nails sticking out of it and its jagged edges. She agrees to his easy conditions even though she still doesn’t know his name. “Well, I don’t think I’ll need them all.” A little frown creases her lips as she tries to imagine the planks made into something else. “Oh hell, I don’t know. I want to make a place for entertainment… A, ummm, cabaret style place. With a stage or an open floor. And a piano. Maybe a bar?”

The piece is tossed on the pile and she gestures towards some of the empty residences, and then the Ruins beyond. “There are plenty of empty places. Would just need some work and manpower. And for a piano to miraculously appear.” Lily genuinely believes she can make it happen, despite not knowing a goddamn thing about construction and other useful shit. But where there’s a will, there’s a way!  

lily
as if you were on fire from within
the moon lives in the lining of your skin

Messages In This Thread
RE: {SEASONAL EVENT} Servant of Two Masters [open!] - by Lily - 04-01-2019, 02:58 PM