God Quest but above ground the stars keep their secrets

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Hubris. And Time." Safrin replies, looking at Amalia with a mixture of fondness and sympathy given their current topic. "They were a tricky and deeply distrustful lot. If you do seek out the remainder of their hoarded empire, do be careful. There are sure to be traps." The goddess warns, plucking the thought easily from Amalia's mind and her not so subtle glance towards the bard.

"I do not know." Safrin replies with a gentle shrug. In another context revealing her own ignorance might be something that she would take offence to, but here and now, she merely frowns. "I have been within for as long as the barrier has stood." She adds delicately, though there is a small bite in her words as well.

Their combined question does not come as a surprise, and yet the deity hesitates. For a moment her eyes flick upwards and to the right as she softly ponders. "I do not know." She repeats again, though as her galactic gaze lowers there is flint and steel in it. "I can only speculate, so do recognize that such is all this is. I do not believe the fall of the barrier will simply be the end. Vi and Mort and Rae would not have created the barrier without having a way of knowing its status. I believe they will be alerted, and either they will prevent the fall from within, or they will take measures from without. It may well fall only to reveal a second barrier." She muses with a wry grin. "Whatever happens, the fall is not the end. As for her—" Here she glances to Jigano, considering the bard carefully and thoughtfully for a moment, her lips twisting upwards into a slow smile. "She will do as she has always done. Ravage. Manipulate. Build her army, continue to be short sighted and closed off to the sirens of her own destruction."

Safrin

Messages In This Thread
RE: but above ground the stars keep their secrets - by Safrin - 03-30-2019, 01:32 AM