God Quest but above ground the stars keep their secrets
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 30 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
only lonely hid the morning from the stars
One moment, is under the ground. The next, she is under the sky.

Amalia gasps and reels in surprise as her location changes in a swirl of stardust. It feels as though her stomach was left behind, still beneath the ground and hurrying to catch up- but it is not an altogether experience. Gulping for air, she falls to her knees, the book clutched tightly against her chest  rising and falling as the girl laughs. Her cheeks are rosy; her voice deep and bright; she is bewildered and delighted, nauseated and amazed. It is only when the world stops spinning that she is able to raise her eyes, peering up through tousled gold hair into the face of Safrin.

The bright smile which lights the Loreseeker's face is as genuine as any. Still struggling to catch her breath Amalia scrambles back to her feet, her black eyes wide with childish wonder as she regards the goddess of life. "It was amazing! There were words on the walls, but we could not read them, and the star led us down a path, only the floor gave out but Jigano caught me, but I saw footsteps far below - fresh ones - does someone live there still? When we found the library Jigano and Isuma solved the puzzle and the library was full of books and I grabbed this one and-" Her alto voice dances and skips as the torrent of words unfolds, until finally her brain catches up to her lips and the girl snaps silent, a blush darkening her face.

Stepping back slightly, she glances at Jigano, still smiling, still bashful, still proud and alive with the joy of success. She is a little saddened by the absence of the star: it has been their companion, as surely as Isuma, and though Jigano may have questioned its fealty, Amalia never did. "I could not read this book," she admits apologetically, holding up the tome for Safrin to see, yearning and hoping for reassurance, acceptance, to have pleased, to be good.

Messages In This Thread
RE: but above ground the stars keep their secrets - by Amalia - 03-14-2019, 08:40 PM