too much living and I’m dying again
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
I'm made of dead man's money, you can see it in my smile
Perhaps it will never subside, but from her experience with demigods, Heralds do not often leave their chosen ones unattended for long. Her faith in Frey is immense, and she knows when the time comes that they will be kind, but she also knows that Sunjata won't be ready. He never will be. There is no moving on from love the level of what he had with Nate; Hotaru would know.

She hadn't considered Safrin and Maeve admittedly, but she forgives herself the oversight easily enough. Her head is too full of senseless noise and pain to consider his situation from a more nuanced standpoint. At least he has the refuge, which seems to be the only light at the end of the tunnel. She envies him that.

"There is nowhere else for me," she answers, voice deadened and eyes distant on the horizon. Torchline and the Greatwood too full of his ghost, Stormbreak inaccessible, and the Grounds razed to nearly nothing. At least in Halo there are people who love her, who will try to keep her clinging to this unfair earth. "But...maybe I could visit? If I..." make it through tonight. Hotaru's voice trails into nothing without making it reality, but he has never needed spoken word to be able to read her. If he would have no objections to her presence, perhaps she would find an escape there, when all the eyes in Halo - their pitying, sympathetic gazes - became too much.
Watch the fire rise, burning through my paper skin
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: too much living and I’m dying again - by Hotaru - 01-17-2023, 12:00 AM