Betrayal and Power
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450

Edmund had been conflicted for an entire year. He knew Safrin had protected Torchline as much as she could. He knew that the devastation would have been so much worse without the Goddess' protection. And yet. Torchline was in literal pieces and Enzo was dead alongside so many others. It had hurt to feel his faith shaken. It tasted like betrayal on his part. A betrayal against Safrin and his mother.

Yet, Edmund had come here. The fire that always burned in his chest had felt the pull of the newly awakened goddess and her children. It called to him almost. A hum in his mind that perhaps there was another way. That if Safrin, if the heralds overall, weren't powerful to protect his loved ones, maybe Dygra was. Dygra had saved the lives of the Ascended after all. She was clearly more powerful than the Voice. And the Voice had stood toe to toe with the heralds.

Thus, the young Abandoned had made his choice after much contemplation and brooding. It would break his mum's heart and that alone was his one true regret. But he had made up his mind. He would seek out the bejeweled goddess for her blessing and power. So that when the heralds failed again, he'd have the strength to protect what was his.

Entering the shrine, Edmund squared his shoulders and took a deep breath. Just standing in the shrine made the embers in his chest flicker to attention.  Walking over, he placed his offering in the basin. He'd brought her a bracelet of obsidian and rubies that he'd traded a hefty sum for in the market. "Dygra? Goddess? My name is Edmund. I'm the child of Safrin's chosen queen of Torchline, but I need your help."

Letting out a shaky exhale, he continued. "It's been made clear that despite her efforts and the efforts of the other heralds, Safrin and the others aren't powerful enough. At least, not powerful enough to protect my loved ones. I...I can't just sit and do nothing. I can't just let her fail them again and not be able to do anything."

Swallowing harshly, he steeled his nerves. "I need more power. I need to be able to step in and protect my family when the heralds fail again. So please. Please make me an ancient." Edmund closed his eyes and with a furrowed brow added, "Please." The cost was high, bloodlust against this very nature. But if he gained the power he needed, it'd be worth it.

~
Edmund offers Dygra a bracelet of obsidian and ruby and begs her to make him an Ancient.

Edmund

the prince of torchline

Messages In This Thread
Betrayal and Power - by Edmund - 11-25-2022, 04:44 PM
RE: Betrayal and Power - by Dygra - 11-30-2022, 05:48 PM
RE: Betrayal and Power - by Edmund - 11-30-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: Betrayal and Power - by Dygra - 11-30-2022, 06:37 PM
RE: Betrayal and Power - by Edmund - 11-30-2022, 07:07 PM