covers your plate with blood of the saints
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Jude
the sky is more blue whenever I'm next to you
“Nothing’s wrong.” Those words alone are enough to comfort Jude, and he exhales slowly, releasing any worry or fear alongside it. If Edmund says things are okay, then they simply are.

Except then things get really, really complicated.

There are so many things to remember, so many questions that spark onto his tongue as Edmund continues to talk, each one battering at his firmly clenched teeth to try and break free. Why does it matter what Edmund looks like? Why would he claim it was for his own safety if everything was okay?

And then the worst - why is he leaving?

The tears are already sharp at the back of Jude’s eyes at the mere implication. He’s never had to lie before either and certainly never to family. He bites his lip, worrying it between his teeth even as he slowly climbs out of the pool, the quiet dripping of water onto rock in time with the too-fast beating of his heart. Can he lie to his parents for Edmund? Can he even succeed if he tries? Jude doesn’t know, and it’s a terrifying idea, but Edmund would never ask it of him if it wasn’t important. Wouldn’t leave if it wasn’t important. So what else can Jude do but agree?

“I promise, Mun. I won’t tell anyone I saw you, or what you look like.” Wandering tentatively closer to the treeline, Jude scans fruitlessly for his big brother. “Did you…get bigger again?” It’s the only change he knows, but why would Edmund hide it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: covers your plate with blood of the saints - by Jude - 12-01-2022, 10:09 PM