covers your plate with blood of the saints
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Jude
the sky is more blue whenever I'm next to you
Jude sniffles a little, feeling ashamed of his tears. He may be devastated that Edmund is clearly leaving them all, but he should be strong and not show it, not make his big brother feel any kind of guilt for his choice. But he isn’t strong enough, and even Edmund’s comforting words that reassure him of his love aren’t enough to stem the flow entirely. Though they slow enough to provide Jude enough vision to make it to the tree line, his lip wobbles traitorously anyway. It impacts his speech, making the words warble as he says, “I’ll always love you too, Mun. I promise.”

Which is why he finds it so silly that his brother asks him not to be afraid. Afraid of what? Of course Edmund would never hurt him! He’d never do much as practiced his fire in the same room as Jude out of an abundance of caution, had always kissed every scrape and bandaged every cut. Jude could never be afraid of Edmund. Never.

That certainty carries Jude through the maelstrom of emotions that suddenly sweep through his chest as Edmund emerges, a familiar stranger, warped and changed in ways Jude could never have anticipated.

There is a brief, prolonged breath where Jude hesitates - not out of fear, but uncertainty, wondering if these changes hurt, if he can even hug Edmund the same way anymore. But his brother is taking a knee and opening his arms, and hesitation doesn’t matter anymore. Jude runs to Edmund’s arms and throws himself into them trustingly. “You look like Sunjata does sometimes, that’s all,” he tries to comfort, wondering if Edmund was worried about his appearance. Horns and tails are common for half-shifted Attuned anyway. “You’re not scary, you’re still my brother.” And to emphasize that he squeezes tighter around Edmund’s shoulders, fearless only because of the love in his heart.

Messages In This Thread
RE: covers your plate with blood of the saints - by Jude - 12-07-2022, 12:49 AM