covers your plate with blood of the saints
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Jude
the sky is more blue whenever I'm next to you
His laughter means Jude is doing something right. He can't take this weight off his brother's shoulders, no matter how badly he wants to. If Jude could make it all okay with a snap of his fingers he would, but if Edmund insists he must go, Jude will keep his secret and give him the time he needs away from their family.

There seems to be a goodbye approaching, and Jude knows he should have anticipated it considering the entire conversation leading up to it, but it feels like there is a cavernous hole in his chest regardless. He isn't ready. Didn't even know he should have been preparing to be ready all this time. Such a promise is weak, vague, with no real timeline and a lot of 'try', but to Jude it's a vow made in stone. "I'm gonna miss you," his voice warbles plaintively, and he feels bad for it, because he doesn't want to make Edmund feel worse. But he wants to send his brother off with the knowledge of it, to remind him there would be someone waiting at the door when he finally came back home. "Be careful," he urges, in a mimic of their parents' voices that always cry behind their backs when the two of them would go stumbling out into the yard, ready for some adventure or another. "And...and maybe write to me, if you can?" If it wouldn't jeopardize his secret, of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: covers your plate with blood of the saints - by Jude - 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM