General's Orders, Captain's Duty
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"She is hardly my goddess, Remi. But she has been very good to me. I would recommend you speak with her yourself, Roana, for anything I say will not do her justice."

She had carted him up to the sky and made him a star. Roana had seen many feats of magic as a Captain, but never something so fantastical. She hadn't been quite sure what to make of the deity talk since arriving, but now it was undeniable, and she was going to take up her friend's advice.

In the aftermath of the battle with the demon, Roana had gotten medical treatment. Not a lot. The bare minimum - which had caused quite the argument between her and Phoebe who thought some injuries warranted magical intervention. But no. Shrapnel had been dug out. Salves and bandages were applied. The worst ones had been stitched shut. Burns had medicinal cremes applied and wrapped. Roana wanted the scars. She wanted to remember everytime she looked in the mirror why and who she was fighting for. Already she had plans underway, but this visit was one of the first.

Roana approached the shrine, walking as straight as she could, head held high. Her patched leather armor, the most formal and presentable thing she really had for seeking audience with a goddess (which made her miss her formal military plate and mail armor which would've been much more fitting), Krosis on her hip. Only when she stood directly in front of it did her steps falter. It wasn't often Roana faced things she didn't know how to address. Praying...to a deity...this was altogether new.

So she did the only thing she knew to do when appealing to a higher power. The former captain bent to one knee, head forward towards the ground with one arm resting against her raised knee and the other folded - painfully as injured joints tended to do when moved - behind her back. Those with any knowledge of military hierarchies within monarchies would recognize it as a position of fealty.

"Safrin, I come seeking your wisdom and guidance so I might fulfill Ronin's last wish to me. In life he told me to seek you out. I pray you grant me this indulgence of your time." she said formally.
roana
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone

Messages In This Thread
General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Roana - 03-15-2019, 11:45 PM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Safrin - 03-16-2019, 12:04 AM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Roana - 03-16-2019, 01:16 AM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Safrin - 03-18-2019, 02:46 PM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Roana - 03-18-2019, 03:09 PM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Safrin - 03-18-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Roana - 03-18-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Safrin - 03-18-2019, 09:23 PM
RE: General's Orders, Captain's Duty - by Roana - 03-18-2019, 10:00 PM