{SE} mind my wicked words
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
They are both confused, and hurt because of it. But while the Valkyrie is hard to win, she is not hard to keep - she does not shy away like a wilting flower from his acidity, and takes every accusation on the chin if it means keeping his eyes, which lend her a clearer path than his complicated words. While his miscommunications and emotions may be a web of exposed nerves, Hotaru is willing to untangle them so long as he gives her the chance. As long as she gives him a chance, silent though her own pain may be.

“I’m sorry if that’s what you took from my words,” she begins quietly, in reference to both her insight into loyalties and the wound to his character. “What I meant, to be as plainly clear as I can, was that individual loyalties were tiered; he has known me longer than Evie, and Evie longer than you - thus, his inclination to defend her against you instead of taking your side. That’s why I said that your professional relationship with him may be all that remains, because Deimos would never let such matters impact his ruling duties as Warden.” But perhaps that had been lost in the rest, too great was the fear she had not intended to instill in his heart. “In no way did I mean to imply that individual loyalties would ever supersede those to a nation or a people.” At least not for people like herself, Deimos, or even Talyson. They love Halo too deeply to ever consider sacrificing her for the love of a single person. “I’m sorry if that implication scared you, but it’s a false one.” Though it’s a strange, backhanded honor that he would trust her word so implicitly.

But if he is willing to fight through the discomfort of misunderstandings and be honest with her, well, Hotaru has conversely never been afraid of being vulnerable with her cherished ones. “I wasn’t trying to accuse you, Tal. I was just so surprised by your conclusion; and…hurt.” Her eyes do slide selfishly away at the admittance, fingers clutching tightly at her parcel in comparison to how he’d dropped his. “Those I’ve loved in the past have been far more of a risk to Halo than Evie; and, using my example, all of them I had known longer than Halo. You would have far more to judge and suspect me of than Deimos if you desired. What I saw as ease of suspicion against him was all the more hurtful and confusing because I am a far more fitting target.” And Ru knows it. She has given everything for Halo, just as Deimos has, but in the end her heart has always been the Achilles Heel she can’t cut free of her own flesh. It’s the same reason why Talyson’s doubt had struck her so deeply, knowing how mirrored her life in Halo has been with her brother.

“I shouldn’t have assumed that what I saw as your conclusion of Deimos’ character would be the same conclusion for myself.” Here her expression turns hunted, uncertain, as it skirts back to Tal’s profile. Hoping that she’s right with this assumption this time, and that he does not see her the way he sees Evie - or that he would, if she were in the Evergreen’s shoes, pursuing the role of Warden once more. “I don’t want my advice to ever hurt you, and I hope you’ll still utilize what you can. I think you have a chance to fix things with Deimos if that is what you truly desire.” Though she has her doubts as to the work necessary to achieve it being completed, he will have to decide if it’s a price worth paying for Deimos’ brotherhood on his own time. The entire point of this endeavor was to provide advice free of opinions, which she had achieved until the very end. “I merely wanted to give you the best chance at that, because I don’t like to see you suffer. And I will bear any confusion and hurt if it means arming you adequately for the task.” A way of saying that he’s stuck with her, until he cuts the cord himself. “I think it is easy for suspicion and worry to be misconstrued as accusations; if we are any example, perhaps that is exactly what occurred with Deimos.” And if he can use this as a guide, maybe he will see that enough stubbornness and care can lead to the truth of the matter, hidden behind all the confusion.
I've set a course for losing you
I've no remorse for what I do
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
{SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-02-2023, 05:07 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-02-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 11:05 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-03-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-14-2023, 01:28 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-15-2023, 05:27 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-15-2023, 05:53 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-15-2023, 06:53 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-15-2023, 07:28 AM