nihilist blues
Royal St. James

Age: 33 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Linds Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Royal
it's not too late to die for a reason
fall down on the sword you were swinging
If someone had warned him of the bitter cold sloshing across the entirety of Caido like an errant wave, he would have stayed well and truly away from the blustering surface beyond The Climb. In fact, it wasn’t even in Royal’s nature to go about “exploring” unless that all-too familiar itch came calling. It sat heavy even now, roiling insistently in his gut as he gazed out over the hot springs resting calmly before him. The heat they produced appeared to coil and writhe above the pools like ghostly specters that drew his lazy gaze from one end of the cavernous space to the other. He’d have to go back up eventually to gather winter gear, supplies, that kind of thing… but just maybe not today. Tomorrow surely.

He’d grown quite restless since the beginning of the frost had arrived, but Royal had also done little to prepare for the plummeting temperatures. Which was proving to be a problem. Assuming it was just his apathetic nature behind the blatant procrastination, he’d chosen the soothing comfort of the hot springs over prepping any type of meaningful provisions. It'd seemed acceptable when it’d come to him initially.

But maybe not so much now that the cold was upon them...

Still, the desire to do more than languish in the heat of Frey’s Breath was minimal and there simply wasn’t any convincing Royal to do otherwise.

He’d dropped a heavy backpack full of travel items some ways behind him at the entrance of the springs and kicked off a pair of trainers next to it. He hadn't come to soak that day, but had pulled the bottoms of a pair of faded denim jeans just below the knee just in case. As he pressed into the shallows of a nearby hot spring, he released a breath he hadn’t known he’d been holding, a hand moving to run carelessly through dark, windswept hair. It’d been a long time since he’d just been able to be. If he wasn’t looking after Oli, looking for Oli, or just being too damn generally concerned about her wellbeing, he was tending to his own inherent needs. His sibling had become the ruler of his life when they were young and it was an odd experience to move into adulthood without her. What the hell was there to do now that he wasn't occupied making all of her decisions? He supposed he'd get it figured out at some point or another. It was just a matter of time.
I wanted to dress a blade up in red
with both of our necks
But I wasn't able, and I wasn't stable

Oof, this was not great. Bear with me until I learn to write humans. X.X Open for anyone!

Messages In This Thread
nihilist blues - by Royal - 01-02-2023, 04:56 PM
RE: nihilist blues - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 07:35 PM
RE: nihilist blues - by Royal - 01-04-2023, 12:38 AM
RE: nihilist blues - by Hotaru - 01-09-2023, 02:17 AM
RE: nihilist blues - by Royal - 01-15-2023, 04:48 PM
RE: nihilist blues - by Hotaru - 01-26-2023, 03:47 AM