Oh Captain, My Captain
for Kalt
Kalt Ravenshire
Medic / Alchemist

Age: 38 | Height: 6’ 1” | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
KYSMA - Mythical - Unicorn (Superspeed)
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
{Image: J02JHet.jpg}
Kalt

you must teach your sense of self
to stand upon its own two feet

He didn’t fully comprehend what just happened. What just happened? He had been on the sidelines of the fight when he should’ve been out there, he should’ve been fighting with them. And now, Ronin was gone. Ashe’s brother was gone. Dead. It didn’t seem real.

Death was normal for the assassins, a part of their lives since they were children. Never before had it been shocking, but it just... Gods, it was like the world was freezing over. Everyone was stunned, almost desperately. It didn’t seem real.

Perhaps the only thing that kept him aware of the true direness of the situation was the feeling of agony and disbelief that thrummed down the bond from Ashetta to him. Even Kysma was feeling the side effects of Ashe’s distress through her rider. Her rider. He was on her back already.

Kalt remembered himself, urging the unicorn into a brisk cantor away from the spectating crowd and towards the fighters. Remi had gone off, as had Roana, leaving Ashe leaning on Percy as support for the way back. As soon as the man drew near, he slowed Kysma to a walk and swung down from her saddle before she had stopped. He looked at her for a moment, his voice caught in his, and for one of the few times in his life, he had no ideas what to say.

As Kysma moved forward to nudge the stallion with her nose, Kalt closed the distance between himself and Ashe, taking her securely in his arms and squeezing his eyes closed. Relief at her safety and grief at Ronin’s loss swam in the flood of other emotions he couldn’t pick apart, that he didn’t try to pick apart. “I’m so sorry,” he whispered.

instead of propped up on the views
of every person that you meet

Ravenshire

Messages In This Thread
Oh Captain, My Captain - by Ashetta - 03-16-2019, 12:35 AM
RE: Oh Captain, My Captain - by Kalt - 03-16-2019, 03:44 AM
RE: Oh Captain, My Captain - by Ashetta - 03-16-2019, 04:10 AM
RE: Oh Captain, My Captain - by Kalt - 03-16-2019, 07:44 PM