but i'm falling short
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Dread weighs in the pit of her stomach, making each step up the stairs seem harder to take, the effort to climb causing her calves to ache in a way that hasn't happened before. She's never felt this nervous to visit her herald. Not since the first time when she was unsure she'd receive an answer. The Nightshade feels she's failed.

Failed her goddess, her people, her family... After all that Safrin has done for her.

She reaches the top of the stairs, acid burning the back of her throat as her eyes sting, already unsure of where to begin. Doing the only thing that she knows to, Maeve sets about cleaning the shrine, sweeping away stray leaves and sand with her hand before she places fresh candles in place of those that have melted down to the base of their wicks. Lighting the new ones carefully before laying out her offerings, a string of black pearls and drop earrings to match as well as a carefully curated bouquet of moonlight flowers, Maeve sits back on her heels.

"Safrin... I need you, please." She manages the first few words, voice steadier than she expects before the start of a sob rises in her throat, the weight of it all tumbling over her, crashing into her like a monsoon wave as she's pulled under the swell of emotion. Her head drops, the crown that sits atop so delicately balance falling to the stone steps with a clatter, sending sharp shadows high onto the walls at it highlights the anguish clearly twisting her features.
Oh your mouth is poison
Your mouth is wine
The Nightshade

Messages In This Thread
but i'm falling short - by Maeve - 01-17-2023, 04:02 PM
RE: but i'm falling short - by Safrin - 01-17-2023, 06:57 PM
RE: but i'm falling short - by Maeve - 01-17-2023, 08:33 PM
RE: but i'm falling short - by Safrin - 01-22-2023, 12:02 AM
RE: but i'm falling short - by Maeve - 03-01-2023, 04:34 PM
RE: but i'm falling short - by Safrin - 03-01-2023, 07:43 PM
RE: but i'm falling short - by Maeve - 03-01-2023, 08:28 PM