Sins of the father
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
She was quiet that evening, as she lighted the candles and placed the usual offerings at the center of the old circle. The first budding rose from the garden for Safrin, the largest winter apple she could find for Frey, and a toy she had played with often as a child for Ludo. Her brother's, really, and the argument between them about who should have it had been endless. Just as the laughter once theyboth got older. But now that Maea could finally have it all to herself... well. Without Noah, the fun was just gone.

Sinking down on her knees, Maea let out a long, heavy sigh. The events at the Spire that very same day still flashed before her everytime Maea closed her eyes, and no matter what excuses, explanations or justufications she thought of, the taste of guilt still coated her tongue.

Perhaps it was not her fault, exctly, that the barrier existed and a man died in order to bring it down. She had not lived when it was created, and knew nothing of the reasons for it. Perhaps her fellow Loreseekers knew, but if so she had not been entrusted with that information yet. No, Maea had not killed anyone, but she was Abandoned, and thus guilty by association. She was at fault merely by existing, and it was the worst possible feeling she could imagine.

"Is there a way to atone?" she asked the wind and the pale stars, as the candles fluttered quietly in the balmy evening. "I don't want to walk the same path as the Acquired. I want no power, no glory, nothing more than to farm the land and help my friends. But if my kind did this, if we Abandoned are the reason for all of this... Please. Tell me how I can do things differently!"
Maea
Like morning dew
Love will come again to you
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-16-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 09:02 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 09:24 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 09:51 PM