Sins of the father
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
She shuddered, and inhaled, and looked up at Ludo. It was astonishing really. All her life she had prayed, and no answers had ever been given. Now she had been answered twice in a remarkably short timespan, and it boggled the mind. Why? Why now, when it had seemed so impossible before? What had changed, if suddenly the gods would listen to those who had never been heard before?

Not that she complained, mind. She was grateful, humbled, could have cried with gratitude because this, this was what she had always wanted and longer for.

To be seen.

Yet the definite answer she sought did not come, and Maea considered the smooth surface of the porcelain mask, admiring the way it seemed both expressionless and animated depending on Ludo's mood.

"Would that even be possible?" she asked, rather sceptically. "I've never heard of anyone being able to move away from the magic before. And even if I did want to abandon it... would it really change anything? Would you trust me more... or less, because I couldn't avoid temptation?"

In the end, what she sought was not to change her own nature. But rather, to be accepted despite it. To change the way her kind was viewed, and escape the shadow of past sins. Yes, the magic was a temptation, and so was the desire to have the gods favor. Using it was wonderful, being seen was wonderdul, even if admitting to that was embarrassing, but was it impossible to live according to the laws of the world and still be herself?

Was it wrong to want both?
Maea
Like morning dew
Love will come again to you
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-16-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 07:21 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 08:10 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 09:02 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 09:13 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 09:24 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: Sins of the father - by Ludo - 03-18-2019, 09:51 PM