Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 7 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Dutch Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Sorrel
We’ve been dreaming but who can deny,
It’s the best way of living,
Between the truth and the lie.

Something like relief unfurled in Sorrel’s stomach when the younger woman responded in kind to her joking. At least a punch wasn’t coming her way. Sorrel smirked - turned it into a toothier smile when she remembered her audience, and tucked the crumpled plants into the cradle of her arms.

“I think we can call it exceptional circumstances,” she said lightly, “rather than taking points from you outright.”

Then she peered at the plants in her grasp. All vaguely familiar in that they were, in fact, plants. Plants were plants, she’d found out, regardless of what world you found them on. These ones looked not unlike those she’d use for pain relief in her old life - not that that meant they did anything of the sort. She still had yet to learn more beyond the basics of the herbs in his land, and asking strangers on the street wasn’t, in her experience, the best way to learn things.

She looked at Evie and considered her, her apparent lack of concern for her crushed cargo.

“I’m sure you could find some use for them. You seem like a clever girl,” Sorrel paused, wondered if ‘girl’ was patronising, and found herself watching the trail of dirt Evie left on her own forehead. Felt a little endeared to her, and offered the plants back in her direction.

She didn’t seem the type to be merely picking flowers for an arrangement, if their current state distressed her so.  Sorrel wondered if maybe she was someone who could help with filling the gaps in her knowledge of this world’s plant life.

Well. It’s worth asking, she thought. She could be what I need to get back to peddling poultices and potions.

Sorrel affected a curious air, smiled charmingly and forced herself to look away from the dirt smudge on Evie's forehead - adorable as it was.

“If you don't mind my asking, what...exactly were you using them for?”

Messages In This Thread
House Of Parliament [OPEN] - by Sorrel - 03-17-2019, 05:37 PM
RE: House Of Parliament [OPEN] - by Evie - 03-19-2019, 03:38 PM
RE: House Of Parliament [OPEN] - by Sorrel - 03-20-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: House Of Parliament [OPEN] - by Evie - 04-01-2019, 02:55 AM
RE: House Of Parliament [OPEN] - by Sorrel - 04-07-2019, 08:40 PM