burning in the flames I'm working in
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
ISLA

"I remember you saying," Isla murmurs softly, jostling Sunjata with her shoulder in an act of what one might easily say is affection. Now that Isla knows hunger pangs again, she can appreciate the state of mind he'd have been in to ignore them until absolutely necessary. She'd have been the same in the immediate aftermath of the war.

Shaking off the damp blanket of grief that threatens to fall over her, the Remedy lifts her head and inhales the sweet, crisp air of Flowerbirth, following after her fellow hunter into the maze of brush and shrubbery. "Sounds like a plan," she murmurs, before flashing him a fanged smile. "Do you know that Ancients have shifts? I've been holding off on mine, just in case."

In case of what will be clear when, with a shiver, Isla succumbs to the claws and fangs and liquid stripes that lurk beneath her skin - there's no telling what would happen if she'd prowled around the House of Midnight for the first time, with so many tasty bodies on display. But now, out in the open when they're hunting anyway? There's no reason to hold herself in check.

As a tiger she's undoubtedly large for a big cat, but her form is more delicate, more sleek and agile than her male counterpart would be. Struck through with stripes of molten gold rather than black, her claws sink deep into the earth as she stretches, rumbling out unexpected appreciation for the shift. She's been lion and manticore both in her time, and while both have been close, this one is all hers at last, and it feels right.
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Messages In This Thread
burning in the flames I'm working in - by Isla - 04-06-2023, 09:08 PM
RE: burning in the flames I'm working in - by Isla - 04-09-2023, 09:32 AM