Personal Quest {Magic Training} In Brittle and Briny Depths
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
My ghost was lost to the grownup gallows
The reassurance is appreciated, though it does not stop her from keeping her hand on his a little firmer just in case. They both do quite well, and once both are conscious once more Hotaru takes a moment to settle herself and refocus on theoretical teaching instead of active experience. "So as Evie figured out, you can also choose to obey my commands while implementing external factors that subvert it, such as singing but doing it quietly, or putting a hand over your mouth to muffle it." She turns an approving smile towards the Warden. "Of course, the point of the Academy is also to provide you a safe place to encounter these types of magic, so that you are more educated on tactics if and when you encounter them in a more hostile environment."

Speaking of hostile environments however...

"Now I know you may be a bit tired now, mentally if nothing else. But that is for the best. Evie, head out onto the dock so you can be alongside Hadama. It's shallow enough for you to still reach the soil below." She waits for the two to make their way back out into the water, and turns to station herself directly in the middle of the two. "I want you two to remain physically close because you will be operating as a duo. Your goal is defense, but offense is allowed. The purpose is to learn how to combine your magical abilities under pressure effectively, as well as how to extend it to protect yourself." Stretching her arms loosely, she readjusts her hair and plants her feet into the sand. "Furthermore, you must be able to swiftly determine when to know your own magic is not suited for defense, and to trust in your partner to protect you both if theirs is." Water and earth could be paired together very well, and as the two were already friends, Hotaru had reserved this particular training for them.

"I will not be announcing anything, this will be as close to a battle as can be managed without lethal results. Prepare yourselves - I will begin now." And so saying, the fire from the lanterns explodes outward to her call, streaking in an arc towards both of her students.

- - -

We've begun the first round of magical attacks! Your goal is defense, pairing magics, and coordination with your partner. There will be a variety of elemental attacks used, so get creative!
So I find my spirit in the bottle
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {Magic Training} In Brittle and Briny Depths - by Hotaru - 04-27-2023, 08:34 PM