It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Harper
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
What does he want from her? It’s a good question because he doesn’t really know. “I’m not sure. Your opinion, I suppose? If you think I’d be good as a leader?” He isn’t worried about any kind of nepotism given she has been in the Greatwood for years now, but even if she disagrees with him leading, her blessing would be appreciated if nothing else.

Her hurt causes his own, as it always has. As he suspects it always will. Setting the plate aside, he turns to look at her more fully, face drawn. “I don’t want you to leave right this second, I want to talk about this. I just don’t want to be seen as the type of man to go from one person to another without hesitation. You resented me for moving on after a little over a year - Maeve hasn’t even been gone a year yet.” And she’ll notice he’s carefully avoiding how he actually feels, but Harper feels that’s safer. What would it matter how he felt when this is the crux of the issue? “It would cheapen my feelings for both of you. And how would Jude feel?” Sighing, he runs a hand through his hair. “I just want to know you’re giving me advice for me, and not for the chance we might get back together. And I think moving to the Greatwood would not only make me lean on you more and hasten that, but I wouldn’t learn anything about myself. About changing, and focusing on my own desires. Desires not tied to being a partner or a father.” Things he’d always wanted his entire life, but which had only brought him pain. Not that he would ever regret it, or ever regret Jude, but it wasn’t the ending to his story he’d envisioned.
But I would love you in any form you take

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's coming down to nothing more than apathy - by Harper - 04-28-2023, 12:01 AM