It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Harper
Anything beautiful, people want to break
And you are beautiful, I'm afraid
It's only the barest balm against his own guilt, but it's something. Harper reaches out to gently touch her hand, though he is careful not to linger too long. This dance feels all too similar to the days after he'd rejected her and they had danced uncomfortably around one another, trying to be friends without anything more coming to pass. "It wasn't your fault either."

It's a smoother transition to skip over the rest of the talk, no matter how hard it is for Harper to sit with his own memories and desires that would now likely never come to pass. No dark haired, blue-eyed girl to pull on his pant legs or shoot him a toothless smile. It makes his chest twinge painfully, making it hard to catch up to Phoebe's sudden radiance and excitement. "I think I have actually, though Jude called her Soh, not Sohalia, so I didn't put it together until just now." Chuckling at himself, he palms his face, chiding himself for not putting two and two together. "He's in an awkward age group now with so many lost during the war and now so many new babies coming after. I hope he'll be okay making older or younger friends."
But I would love you in any form you take

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's coming down to nothing more than apathy - by Harper - 05-01-2023, 09:18 PM