[SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Soh was a fairly patient person, but even she had to admit that skyship waits were the worst when it came to seeing Jude or hearing his most recent news. If they had communication devices - even better, pretty, ruby-encrusted communication devices - why, she'd never take hers off! She could see it now, a daily discussion to share how things were going at the shop, a new restaurant she wanted to take him to, hearing about his day, checking on Winnie - all the things that currently had to wait for visits or letters. It was an absolutely brilliant idea, and she was entirely on board. "Then it's settled. We'll go together, when we find our rubies and make the most wonderful earrings out of them!"

Besides, as much as she might wish for a companion, she couldn't imagine that having one would be better than being about to talk about anything with her best friend at any time. She would much rather ask a deity for help with the latter. "I didn't think about where dragon companions come from," she mused aloud, tilting her head in thought. She couldn't really see someone braving a dragon's nest for an egg, after all, and she wasn't sure where a dragon would even come from if not from their home. Maybe the gods found parentless dragons and matched them up with people in need of companionship. That would be sweet, if it were the case.

With a ruby seam found and Sohalia's attempt at mining behind them, she handed over the pickaxe with a sheepish grin at Jude's comment about his arms. She took a few steps back, clasping her hands behind her back and rocking back on her heels as Jude took his first swing - and cheering as a clump broke away from the wall. "Brilliant!" she cried, hurrying forward again to peer at the wall. She felt around the ruby gingerly. Jude's strike had crumbled away dirt and rock along what seemed to be an edge to the seam, and she could feel that some dirt had come loose from behind the ruby as well. Still, it was nowhere near close to coming out of the wall, so she stood and backed up again. "That was great!" she said excitedly. "I think if we can just go around the ruby, we should be able to pry it loose."
if all of the days have no more light and all of our dreams are lost tonight

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face - by Sohalia - 05-23-2023, 10:10 PM