Training don't you know i'm not afraid to shed a little blood
For Deimos
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
and i'm still waiting for a life that never was
It was interesting, learning to shoot. In some ways, it was so similar to learning to strengthen her magic; it was all about control, and learning to wield her power in ways that best suited her strengths. With magic, she'd focused on strength rather than distance; with a bow, she focused on precision. She wondered if each would benefit the other.

She was pleased with her second arrow, although she knew it could be better, and she appreciated Deimos's praise, when it came. It certainly seemed like practice was the answer to everything, and the more she began to accept that, the more patient she became with herself while learning. Magic was the same as physical exertions, which were the same as learning the tarot. It all took time.

And it helped to have a good teacher. With that in mind, Alys studied Deimos as he took his next shot, which landed in the center of the target, just like the first. She tried to adjust, rolling her shoulders as she widened her stance a hair, tucked in her hips, and then drew her next arrow. She paused for a moment, allowing herself to sight down the arrow, and then loosed. This arrow landed near the second, though marginally closer to the center. It was an improvement, albeit a small one, and Alys nodded with satisfaction.
Alys

Messages In This Thread
RE: don't you know i'm not afraid to shed a little blood - by Alys - 05-12-2023, 03:42 AM