Training funny how a blessing feels just like a curse
For Melita
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
At Melita's warning, Soh frowned at the other young woman. "If that's the case, then maybe we shouldn't -" But Melita was already warming up, twisting and turning with the staff in her hands. With a mental shrug, Soh returned to her own practice, still not quite as comfortable with her weapon as Melita, but certainly much more comfortable than she had been before. She at least knew the basics now: high, mid, and low strikes and the corresponding blocks, and some short battle dances that had been drilled into her brain for weeks. "I found someone in Stormbreak," she told Melita. "I'm living there now."

When enough time had passed for Soh to feel warmed up, she turned to Melita and assumed a guard position: her staff held before her, her hands spread about shoulder length apart, her weight balanced as she waited on the balls of her feet. It wasn't a perfect stance, by any stretch of the imagination - but it was better, and that was all that mattered. "If you're feeling too bad, we don't have to practice," she said, not wanting to force the other woman into something she wasn't up for.
these aching memories still dance around me

Messages In This Thread
RE: funny how a blessing feels just like a curse - by Sohalia - 05-10-2023, 12:43 AM