a reason to smile from six feet under ground
Ronin <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 6492
no one's coming to save you, swing that sword that you made
It was terrible small talk, honestly, but between the two of them there isn’t anything else that could be said. So much sat beneath the waves of their friendship, things that had started off great and bright and promising, only to crash and burn into the endless abyss alongside every other hope and dream Sunjata held.

They offered me an opportunity to find a new purpose and I took it.” He adds, letting the soft smile start to fade when Ronin’s question hits. Is it working? No. But he can pretend. Sunjata’s always been great at pretending his life wasn’t falling apart. He’d learned to do it when he was simply a child, after all. All he offers instead is a slight little shake of his head, subtle enough that Ronin would be able to see it while everyone else would think nothing of it.

Even more so when the Supernova admits that he almost doesn’t want to say. It does feel like bragging – but Sunjata has to remind himself that regardless of how he felt about it, they were always going to win. He’d known from long before, but hope blindsides. It had blindsided him into thinking that love was enough to make sure his husband came back from the war.

Love was never enough, though, was it?

So he simply hums a soft sound and a little bit of a bitter “I’m glad you’ve found some peace” in a tone that seems to suggest he means it if it weren’t for the way he completely avoids looking at Ronin and downs the rest of the glass he’d brought over like he’s a fish without water.

Surprise does overcome him, however, when there’s an apology, and his head tips back toward the other man, his scarred brow (the scar Ronin had given to him) raises. And maybe it’s the bitterness of the conversation from earlier, but he does clear his throat and find a place to abandon his glass, before stopping himself from seeking out another. “I appreciate the apology.” He admits, with an undertone that seems to say I can’t forgive you yet. “Not sure if you do really need to apologize. You did revive me, after all.” In the grand scheme, they were square the second Ronin let him out of Stormbreak’s prison if Sunjata's feelings weren't involved. But he can’t help but to add, “though for a time after the war, I thought it was a worse punishment than letting Safrin just kill me.” He admits, searching his pockets for a pack of cigarettes to pull one out because gods know he needs one right now.
the flood
with the pain that they gave you, like the pain is gonna save you
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: a reason to smile from six feet under ground - by Sunjata - 06-02-2023, 02:31 AM