Was it pain or was it circumstance
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Some people crash two or three times and then learn from their mistakes
We are the ones who don't slow down at all
She knows in her heart he cannot view it the same way she does. At times it has caused her to wonder what does drive him beyond the bitter need to spite his oppressors; in her opinion, it is not a plentiful enough drive to last very long. Perhaps it is because with each new failure, each new bruise and loss, he has someone new to spite? Hotaru cannot pretend to understand, though she wishes she could. Even in the depths of her own self-loathing she had continued valiantly on because defeat was a fate worse than the hell she was living.

All she can ask is that he concedes. And, selfishly, that he keeps trying - she can’t imagine a day where the news comes that he’d simply given up and laid down to die. It makes her skin cold even with the summer night air surrounding them, and her hand clings a tad harder to his when he connects them because of it.

The sand is blissfully soft as she lowers herself down onto it, crossing her legs and planting her still untouched wine glass in the space between. The question isn’t unexpected given Frey and the brothel’s mutual involvement, but it does make her pause for longer than she would have expected of herself. Because as she reflects on the answer, she realizes it is far different from what he may remember of her. Of them.

Tracing the rim of her glass with one finger, watching the fire’s reflection in the dark liquid and crystalline vessel, Ru contemplates how to word it. “I’m happy to tell you, but I admit I’m not sure it’s a place that you could visit. Perhaps I can make my best attempt at it?” Which is a vulnerable admission unto itself - that even if she were to bring someone home, she would not feel at her safest or most comfortable anymore. “A smaller room. I don’t like open spaces anymore.” Her shoulders hunch slightly. “As much sunlight as possible. Big windows. Multiple soft surfaces on the bed; different textures, for variation.” Admittedly her one night stands have been mostly by the fire because she can’t stand intimacy in the dark anymore. It has become less exotic for her now as it once had been. “Just on the right side of too warm in the room. Enough to feel yourself sweat a little.” Another difficulty in Halo, and the only thing she hates about this is all the revelations she must undergo for the sake of sincerity.
And there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-01-2023, 08:17 PM
RE: Was it pain or was it circumstance - by Hotaru - 06-02-2023, 04:22 AM