I'd Run to You
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Harper
May you be always heartbreaking
Taking a little more than you give
The last few hours have felt like a whirlwind. A soldier had come to the Court of Stars, out of breath and urgent, demanding Harper follow her. He'd done so without question, and ended up at the largest clinic Haulani could offer. The worst had played out in his head in those seconds before he'd made it through the door -

Was it Jude? Sohalia? Were they laying in a bed past that threshold, wounded or worse?

Even now he doesn't remember getting to the bed, just knows he'd knocked past various people to achieve it.

His son had been there, yes - but at the side of the bed, eyes bloodshot and face pale as they'd lifted to meet his own. Harper had stepped forward with the intent to take him into his arms until the moment he'd looked upon the woman in the bed.

Maeve.

Everything after that is lost. Talking to the healer, the hour-long intensive magical session they'd had to undertake to heal Maeve, sending Jude home to wait for Sohalia, entrusting his son to her care - it is a rough blur in his head. Now he waits at Maeve's bedside for her to awaken. The healer had assured him her rest was a natural one, and sorely needed, but it is the hardest thing he has ever had to wait through. Both hands hold one of hers within, head bowed over it as he tries to rest without slipping into sleep after so long watching over her.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.
I’ll see you all on the other side
After I am a different man with different eyes

Messages In This Thread
I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-06-2023, 11:19 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Maeve - 06-14-2023, 05:16 AM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-14-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Maeve - 06-14-2023, 09:44 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-17-2023, 06:28 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Maeve - 06-17-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-22-2023, 08:31 PM