I'd Run to You
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper
May you be always heartbreaking
Taking a little more than you give
The murmur of his name has gotten his hopes up far too many times while Maeve has been in and out of consciousness. He knows she is healed and merely needs physical rest, but the waiting feels like torture. Every time he chides himself for his selfishness but it doesn't stop the vain desire for her to wake up already. He has been without her nearly a year, and now that she is here in body but not in spirit the minutes feel like hours.

Of course he is half-asleep when the utterance of his name comes again, because no man can stay awake indefinitely. Yet, just like with every other time, Harper stirs himself forcefully at the sound of his name. This time, her eyes are actually open when he checks on her, and the Stalwart jolts forward out of his chair immediately to crouch beside her bed, both hands enveloping hers tightening as a painful sort of smile overtakes his face.

"Hey Mae-bell," he whispers, voice too strained with emotion for anything louder. Lifting her hand he presses a kiss to her fingers because he doesn't want to crowd her too much so soon. "How are you feeling? I have some water here." It's equally torturous to remove just one hand from her, but he takes the paper cup and sets it to her lips to help her drink it. When she has finished and he has set the cup aside he gently touches her cheek with his free hand, eyes soft, unsure of what else to say.
I’ll see you all on the other side
After I am a different man with different eyes

Messages In This Thread
I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-06-2023, 11:19 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Maeve - 06-14-2023, 05:16 AM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-14-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Maeve - 06-14-2023, 09:44 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-17-2023, 06:28 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Maeve - 06-17-2023, 07:31 PM
RE: I'd Run to You - by Harper - 06-22-2023, 08:31 PM