There's only going up from here
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Koa
Now I just want to play on my panpipes
I just want to drink me some wine
Koa's at work - or "at work" if we're going to be accurate, because it's very hard to do any real work on such a gorgeous summer day. Still, he's managed to achieve a close enough facsimile as he stans in attention in the middle of the square, hands folded and shoulders squared back, the picture of a dutiful Dragoon.

And if he's wearing a hat, hey, who can blame him? It's sunny - lots of people wearing hats.

And if that hat is pulled low enough to hide the fact that his copper eyes are definitely not open, well, honestly, it should be admirable, how adept the soldier has become at sleeping standing up.

Thus is the state when he's awoken - er, startled to attention - by a commotion not so far away. Yelling, which isn't incredibly uncommon, but it's at a higher pitch and level of anger than usual, and as much as much as Koa would like to continue ignoring it, he is, technically, on the job.

Bright eyes open blearily as he raises his chin: he glares into the milling crowd, trying to catch the source of the conflict. he can see it already, a spot where the traffic is still and not milling. Always a sign of trouble, even in this, the Usually Quite Pacifist Plaza. With a heavy sigh the boy pushes forward, resigned to his fate of work.

"'Scuse me ma'am... sir... Dragoon coming..." Between his stature and his uniform it's easy to push his way through the crowd. It takes seconds to reach the conflict, and when he does the scene is easy enough to parse. Tourist Kid Lost in Plaza, Leading to Coffee-Based Assault. Said kid looks as scared as a cloudwyrm cornered by a landshark, were the landshark in fact a rather short older woman with a terrible haircut, holding a basket and positively steaming with ire.

"There a problem here?" Koa's voice is smooth and pleasant, an unflappable smile on his handsome face as he pushes back his hat. He towers over the woman and dwarfs the kid ('kid', Koa, you actual infant?), and there's a seriousness in his copper eyes that belies his easy nature, the quiet authority of law enforcement which dares onlookers to challenge.

Oh, he's also got a wicked shiner blooming over his right eye. Make of that what you will.
As soon as you're born you start dyin'
So you might as well have a good time

Messages In This Thread
There's only going up from here - by Jude - 06-08-2023, 11:28 PM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Koa - 06-09-2023, 03:50 AM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Jude - 06-09-2023, 04:03 AM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Koa - 06-11-2023, 04:01 PM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Jude - 06-13-2023, 08:19 PM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Koa - 06-14-2023, 05:20 PM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Jude - 06-14-2023, 06:28 PM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Koa - 06-14-2023, 07:21 PM
RE: There's only going up from here - by Jude - 06-16-2023, 05:12 AM