gleaming, glittering, gold
Calliope Daughter of Selah
Bard

Age: 23 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Mermaid | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Crow Offline
Change author:
MP: 225
it's not the diamonds, it's not the pearls
Calliope was a little nervous as she swam up to the merfolk entrance to the Hanged Man. It was her first gig in front of a bunch of humans, and she wanted so badly to do well. More than that, she really wanted to wow the crowd, to leave her name on their lips for days to come. Her performance time was early; the sun was just coming down to match the lighting inside the bar.

She swam up past the bar for merfolk and towards the stage that hung over the water, a simple wooden construction that she could lift herself onto and sit. There weren’t many patrons as it was still early in the evening; she didn’t know whether she was relieved or disappointed about this. Perhaps a little bit of both. She wore a glittering costume that caught the light at every angle; as she pulled out her lyre, it glittered along with the rest of her. Looking around, she saw no sign of the tavern-owner, Flora, so she guessed she could just start on her own. People had noticed her arrival, but most were still minding their own business. Since it was early in the night, Calliope figured she would warm up with a short little ditty. Her fingers strummed across the lyre once, then she started.

“Too little are your letters to me
Too young are your wily words
Turn round, right, left, right, round again
Then you might know my worth.

When rivers stop running and streams are bare
Will you start loving me then?
I’d rather rely on a sunfish that flies
Than trust in you again!”
it's just that i'm that girl
CALLIOPE

Messages In This Thread
gleaming, glittering, gold - by Calliope - 06-17-2023, 03:55 AM