tempt my trouble
For Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
Sohalia was decidedly not a happy camper.

It wasn't the work - though that presented challenges all its own - but her personal life that was causing her grief. She'd been back from Torchline for too long to have not told Koa that things were over, but with her shift into leadership, she'd hardly had a moment where she wasn't busy.

She re-read his note for the thousandth time, his words causing a flurry in her stomach even though she was happily in a relationship with Jude. There was just something about Koa that was so damned charming, and despite her love for Jude, and despite knowing it was the right thing to do, there was still a part of her that dreaded having to break things off with Koa. It wasn't just that he was charming and handsome and a very good kisser. No, the problem was that she cared for him, more than she wanted to admit.

With a hiss of frustration, she tossed the note onto her desk and ran a hand through her blonde hair, turning to gaze out the window and out onto the city below. She'd asked Koa to meet her here, but now that she though about it, she wished she had chosen neutral ground. Somewhere she could make an easy getaway. Maybe it made her a coward, but she was afraid of hurting him, of seeing the results of her handiwork. While she hadn't known how she felt about Jude when she'd started seeing Koa, and while she and the young Dragoon had never agreed to formally become an exclusive couple, Soh still felt guilty. Like she'd done something wrong. Like she'd led him on.

She'd tried to make her note as unromantic as was possible, but there was only so much she could do with a letter. And apparently she wasn't enough of a coward to break things off with Koa via note, so here she was, with his romantic letter, a heart that was fluttering not entirely due to nerves, and a little voice screaming 'heartbreaker' in the back of her mind.

Tarak stretched nearby, waking from a nap in the window seat of the office. It was his favorite place, and though he was normally rather unsympathetic to Soh's personal worries and woes, today he must have been feeling uncharacteristically sweet, for he jumped down from his window seat and trotted over to her, making a sound somewhere between a squawk and a meow, standing on his hind legs to be picked up. Since he was too young to fly, Soh bent to scoop him up, cradling him in her arms as she felt a surge of something akin to reassurance through the bond. "Thanks, Tarak," she whispered as she tickled his exposed belly. At least her companion seemed to believe in her.

Maybe she was overthinking things. Maybe Koa had just been toying with her. Mateo had warned her that he had a bit of a reputation. Maybe he would take things better than she thought. Maybe this wouldn't be as painful as she imagined. But somehow, she rather doubted it.

Messages In This Thread
tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-24-2023, 01:44 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-25-2023, 03:39 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-25-2023, 03:58 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-25-2023, 04:30 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-25-2023, 04:47 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-26-2023, 02:33 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-26-2023, 10:27 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-26-2023, 10:51 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-26-2023, 11:14 PM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Koa - 06-27-2023, 02:23 AM
RE: tempt my trouble - by Sohalia - 06-27-2023, 03:22 AM