I ask myself why one too many times
for Sam
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
i'm Samuel.

One of Remi's fingers had been idly tracing the bottom of the counter, and as the man across from it introduced himself, Remi happened to find a splintered piece of wood below and plunged his finger into it to keep himself from screaming. He probably wouldn't have, and while Remi wasn't normally drawn to dramatic outbursts of emotions, by all the gods he sure felt like he deserved one.

I own the shop next door

And almost my heart once, I believe. Remi thought to himself, nodding gently in response to Sam's words, though he didn't really hear them. In that moment whatever minute crevice in his heart which had not yet been filled with despair finally was, and the light was snuffed out. Gone were the memories. Gone was the love.

Gone was the last bit of something that might have once mattered.

"Pleased to meet you, Sam. I am Remi." He managed after a moment, clearing his throat and rubbing at one of his eyes with the heel of his hand. Politeness would always come naturally to him, even in his darkest moments. But even habit couldn't inject happiness into the words that the alchemist didn't feel. "Ink? Of course. What consistency and colour?" Remi asked, his eyes still on the counter.

However as the man across from him asked if something was the matter, Remi paused almost thoughtfully. Slowly, he looked up, muddy sea-glass eyes falling into stormy blue. In that moment, he painfully wondered if this was how Sam had felt before. As if just the meeting of their eyes would magically spark something back into being, as if memories were just flippant and flighty but the right sort of look could bring them back. For a moment Remi recalled how Sam had cupped his face, how their lips had touched and how he'd wanted more of them, right up until Sam gave voice to that desire and Remi had panicked. It all seemed so impossibly silly now, just as the urge to cry did, and yet Remi felt it all the same.

"I—" He began, voice husky again, and quickly Remi cleared his throat with a light cough, looking away. "My bestfriend recently died. And I—" lost someone else close to me. It was you, actually. He meant to say, but that wasn't quite right. Remi didn't lose anyone. He'd asked for space and instead he'd been abandoned. "—well, I have not been sleeping well." The alchemist continued after a moment with a shrug.

I fell for your eyes
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 10:12 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-23-2019, 01:45 AM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-23-2019, 06:03 PM