I ask myself why one too many times
for Sam
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 65 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 1359
A mostly blind woman? That did temporarily snap Remi out of his tornado of untapped emotions to glance up at Sam. "That is very kind of you. Would something like this also help?" Almost as if it were a magic trick, Remi waved his hand across the counter. Suddenly there were 2 quite large bottles of ink (the glass bottles of which were stamped with a feather, which had come to be like Remi's makers-mark), and a lens. The lens, when raised, would magnify what was beneath. He'd learned much about lenses during his time trying to perfect his telescope, and if what Sam was trying to accomplish was magnification, this would assist greatly.

"Ronin." Remi corrected almost instantly, his voice low, his fingers worked in animated patterns against his palm below the desk as he tried to retain his composure. "His name was Ronin."

Gently Remi shook his head in polite decline of Sam's offer. "No...it is not that. I am taking care of Ronin's child." Remi clarified softly.

Would you like to come meet her properly? I am sorry about before. Come by, with tea, and we will talk. There is a new game Seiji taught me, perhaps we could play? Or have you any children's books? Actually, it does not matter, she can't understand anyways. Bring something and you can read to us both.

That is what Remi might have said, once upon a time. What he wanted to say in the darkened and early days of his anguish, that the pain would not allow through. Of course now though, he kept silent. Now he was just a man who Sam had not only chosen to forgot, but had chosen not to love. He was a man who had apparently been so terrible, that the memories of him had not been worth keeping, never mind the love. Who waiting for wasn't an option.

Once upon a time, Remi had been too slow for another man. He hadn't risen to his touch fast enough and had been discarded. Though there was literally no one in this world anymore who remembered such a thing, the parallels were striking. Once again Remi hadn't been fast enough. He'd needed time and understanding, but the love he sought required haste. It had deadlines, and he hadn't met them.

"Thank you for the offer though. Enjoy your inks." Remi said in as perfunctory, polite, but conclusory a tone as he could.

I fell for your eyes
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Messages In This Thread
I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 10:12 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-23-2019, 01:45 AM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-23-2019, 06:03 PM