I ask myself why one too many times
for Sam
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

"Oh! Yes, it would. Thank you." Sam exclaimed, clearly delighted by the appearance of the bottles and magnifier, picking it up and looking at the feather-mark through it. Maea would be delighted, he was sure. "I must pay you for these. I make notebooks. Would that be of any use to you? I can make them any shape, colour...size...anything you need."

Remi's reminder of the name seemed harsh but he tried to calm the automatic tension in his chest with a thought to the grief the other man had to be feeling. "Yes, Ronin. I'm sorry. I did see him a few times, actually...he seemed a good man. I am sure it speaks well of you to be his best friend."

The reveal of the child was brought then immediately, a dismissal. Sam nearly nodded, turned and left, but...there was something keeping him here. Something that felt almost like a thread in his heart, shredded down to the final string but nevertheless taunt, wanting to keep him by the counter.

He was probably just beginning to understand his emotions, he reasoned. Getting in touch with his empathy. And that would be a good thing to encourage, right?

"Well, um. Just..." He lingered, trying to work out exactly what he wanted to say. "You must be going through a lot right now, and this time of year can be difficult for us all, especially Outlanders...this must have been your first Longnight and Flowerbirth, yes? Perhaps if you would like to come over sometimes for tea, or...or I could help you with the child, depending on her age I could even help her to read. I am only next door and I would love to be of help."
Samuel
So now I'm free of this
Get these shackles off my wrists
And show me something, show me anybody please
And here we go, "Hello, floor. Have you met my knees?"

Messages In This Thread
I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 09:48 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 10:12 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-22-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-23-2019, 01:45 AM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Samuel - 03-23-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: I ask myself why one too many times - by Remi - 03-23-2019, 06:03 PM