into the fire
Eden Query
Merchant

Age: 23 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 9 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Song Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eden

It was extraordinarily tempting to hesitate in the streets to gawk at how different Snowcloack was from her hometown, but there would be time for that later. Besides, the cold made the prospect much less appealing, and it was never a good idea to act like a new arrival in an unfamiliar place. That sort of behaviour made you a mark.

"Because we're doing such a good job blending in," muttered Eden through chattering teeth. Yes, she'd bought a heavy coat specifically for this visit, but hadn't forked up the coin for all the things she wished she had now. Hat, scarf, gloves. Fur-lined boots. In fact, she'd hoped to sell her coat again without too much loss once she was done with this place. It probably wasn't even that cold out, but for someone new to a place like this, Eden felt the chill deeply. Hopefully she and her brother could find their father's contact quickly and be done with it.

"Did you say something?" Lorin asked her through stiff, cold lips.

"Never mind. Look, I need a few minutes inside before my fingers fall off."

Her brother had little motivation to object as Eden pulled them into a building which could possibly be called a tavern, or perhaps even an inn, just to feel a hint of warmth.

Eyes turned toward the strangers who could not have seemed more out of place had they worn signs that read WE'RE NOT FROM HERE. Lorin shuffled anxiously, but Eden flashed an unperturbed smile as she drifted closer to the giant hearth.

"Anyone want to help out a couple visitors? We're looking for an old family friend. And some weapons." In the brief pause following her words, she realized there was an implication there and rushed to clarify. "Those aren't related. I meant for, you know, the monsters."
do you know, the wind once whispered to me:
"you're going to be amazing."

Messages In This Thread
into the fire - by Eden - 07-27-2023, 04:48 PM
RE: into the fire - by Deimos - 07-27-2023, 05:24 PM
RE: into the fire - by Eden - 07-27-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: into the fire - by Deimos - 07-27-2023, 05:54 PM
RE: into the fire - by Eden - 07-27-2023, 10:51 PM
RE: into the fire - by Deimos - 07-27-2023, 11:19 PM
RE: into the fire - by Eden - 07-28-2023, 08:44 AM
RE: into the fire - by Deimos - 07-28-2023, 10:51 AM
RE: into the fire - by Eden - 07-28-2023, 11:32 AM