Personal Quest [SE] i hold it all when i hold you
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Koa
Don't take this the wrong way
You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you
Well shit.

Whatever awkward tension Koa might have felt at facing Sohalia again is magnified into absolute panic when Flora - Flora! - appears, swooping in like a bird of prey and the Luminary in a hug. Which means that not only are both girls here, they're also friends, and Koa feels his ears grow hot and his face grow cold as he wonders what sort of conversations they've had lately.

Whether they're whispering about him.

(Which obviously all their recent conversations must have been about. What else could possibly be more important in their lives than him? (He's a 21-year-old boy, what did you expect? Nuance? Understanding of the Bechdel test?))

He doesn't catch Flora's look, having suddenly become very interested in a speck of dirt on his shirt. But he does hear her greeting, looking back up with a smile that's only slightly strained. "Flora," Koa replies, his voice shockingly steady given the panic in his chest, the way he feels very much like the human embodiment of Ralphie's danger meme.

Thank the gods Sohalia speaks up quickly, instructing them toward their first task. Koa sets about his work with perhaps more haste and earnestness than appropriate for the situation, snatching up a ladder and taking it to check a lantern that's far enough from the girls to avoid awkward conversation, but close enough that he can keep an eye on them.

Y'know. Just in case.
Only blue or black days
Electing strange perfections in any stranger I choose

Messages In This Thread
[SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Sohalia - 09-02-2023, 02:10 AM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Koa - 09-06-2023, 04:55 PM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Flora - 09-06-2023, 07:24 PM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Koa - 09-12-2023, 04:57 PM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Flora - 09-16-2023, 04:32 AM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Koa - 10-18-2023, 11:19 PM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Flora - 11-04-2023, 10:14 PM
RE: [SE] i hold it all when i hold you - by Flora - 11-11-2023, 06:43 PM