the distance never made a difference to me
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
Relaxing as much as his husband, Ronin actually thinks he might be in a position where he accidentally falls into a blissful slumber (and wouldn't you, cradled by feathers?), but Remi's words stir him back to wakefulness. Smiling at the yet-more nicknames added to his repertoire - Commander is better than General, did you know he might have quipped, though he doesn't want to interrupt Remi's flow - when the question does come, it renders him completely speechless.

Pressed as close as they are, the silence is never silent, and so much of Ronin's response is already given to Remi, laid bare as if his feelings are wet ink pressed and marked against the other man's skin. There's the hazy blue-green of sometimes, marred with the freedoms they currently possess, their ability to come and go as they like, to toss fortune to the wind and explore even Caido's most dangerous corners.

There's also the heavy indigo of responsibility, of knowing their other children still need them and that they've only just started to be properly present in their lives again. Deeper still is the slick, grease-black fear that they might just continue to fuck up any children they bring into the world.

But over all of it, knee-jerk and rose golden, it's always been a yes, and Ronin suspects Remi knows it.

Rather than trying to find his words, the Nova clutches his husband close, as if the raw truth of his feelings is something he needs to apologise for. "Do you?" he whispers.
RONIN

Messages In This Thread
RE: the distance never made a difference to me - by Ronin - 09-06-2023, 08:01 PM