Open SE - what you can't live without
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0

I'm not looking for a lifetime now
I like living in the city on my own
So few people ever look at Soleil and think something as complimentary as mercenary that she is shamelessly and instantly flattered in a way that's quite visually obvious as she flicks her hair idly over her shoulder and leans in, eyes dancing with approval. "I was thinking more along the lines of a crutch to get you home, but if your journey home is so fraught then I can absolutely be your bodyguard too." Though Soleil can't envision any dangers to protect him from aside from the deadly pairing of his own fumbling feet and the particularly icy cobblestone outside.

He withdraws his hand promptly, but she's pleased when the fun of the moment isn't ruined in its wake, laughing brightly at his forwardness. "I'm a mercenary, remember? My aim is always true," she imparts with a cheeky wink. She'd certainly kiss him if he were sober, but alas.

Such sentiment in the wake of what she'd thought to be an easy question is unexpected, but it pulls on Soleil's soft heartstrings something fierce. Her own gaze goes soft just seeing him so transparent with his adoration, inspired and a little in awe of his frankness. It is a rare quality in most Halovians, this sort of emotional honesty, and Soleil has often been an outlier herself because of it. "Dogs and wolves are the noblest and most loyal creatures. You must have a good heart to have earned his faith." Soleil frankly trusts a dog's judgment of character more than most men, so she happily cinches her positive assessment of Iskra then and there.

As for herself? Well. Soleil's own expression goes soft and far away in the same manner as Iskra's had. "My brother, Luka. He's my twin actually. We were brought here by the Voice after my entire family died - including ourselves - and we only had each other in this completely unfamiliar world until our dad found us a season later." Being blase about having felt the end of her own life is the only way Soleil can compartmentalize that moment, but it often brings the mood down in her experience, so she gives Iskra a sheepish smile. "But I hope for a companion of my own someday. Pet or otherwise. I only hope it will be as wonderful as Goose," she compliments, accustomed to smoothly moving the topic away from herself with lighthearted airs and laughter.
Not trying to box you in - no chains and no rope
I like being free, flying when I want
Soleil

Messages In This Thread
[SE] Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol - by Iskra - 09-06-2023, 05:22 AM
RE: [SE] Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol - by Soleil - 09-28-2023, 08:58 PM
RE: [SE] Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol - by Soleil - 10-10-2023, 04:49 AM