[se] when you ask me where I'm going
Open Flora SE!
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
The Caretaker had always been a curious sort, but never a risk taker. Calm, compliant, and thoughtful, she only wove around in restless energy when there were too many things to do at once, or news broke that curled around her a little too tightly. Rumors of new plants, and the potential that they may show up in the Celestine, had driven her onwards now, to the point where she nearly didn’t mind the thoughts that they may be tied in bitter potential.

The Greatwood remained nearly wholly unfamiliar to her, as she’d only meandered through markets to pick up a few things, but foraging was always up her alley, and the thickets near a rushing river seemed more enticing than steering herself towards places called Crimson Cataract or the echoes of Ludo’s Woods. The rushing water held its own haunting song, but she found she didn’t mind it, hiking up her skirts, tying the knot around the end, and ensuring her basket was over her shoulder. “I’d like to get a few more,” she whispered to Mittens, pointing towards some wild lavender, and the snowball might’ve rolled its eyes, had she not spotted something else.

Unfamiliar; darkened silhouettes upon leaves once meant to be vibrant, and the Attuned found herself swallowing down something she didn’t want to name. Eyes narrowed, she stepped a little closer towards the vegetation, shaking her head when echoes seemed to stir, whispering, a hissing sibilance.

--

Open SE thread; looking at these bad boys:

Echo Ferns (infected variant - Greatwood): Originally vibrant and harmonious, the Echo Ferns now resonate with void energy. Their once-green fronds have withered into darkened silhouettes, and each rustle of their leaves emits an unsettling echo. Touching the Echo Ferns not only causes physical discomfort but also triggers haunting whispers that echo through the depths of the Greatwood.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all

Messages In This Thread
[se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Lena - 11-19-2023, 12:01 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 11-20-2023, 04:43 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 11-29-2023, 03:35 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 11-30-2023, 06:55 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 12-01-2023, 02:03 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 12-09-2023, 01:01 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 12-20-2023, 02:22 AM
RE: [se] when you ask me where I'm going - by Noe - 12-28-2023, 06:36 PM