catching my death
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 32 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Anju
The knife twists at the thought
that I should fall short of the mark
Gratitude isn't what Anju is expecting when Sohalia lifts her troubled face, and it's clear with each wavering word that if she is seeking to reassure the Captain, it is insincere and thusly ineffective. If it did not fall apart so quickly, Anju would have surely cut to the heart of the matter, but it seems Sohalia's troubles do that on her behalf.

Anju is certainly not heartless, so as Sohalia sniffles and wavers her way through each sentence, she strokes the Heart's arm in slow soothing motions. Riya is far better at comforting but she has minutes more of flight before Anju can hastily dump the responsibility off on her companion. When the crying becomes sobbing anew, the Dragoon startles and envelops Sohalia, tilting her head close and making rough shushing noises as she files away the onslaught of emotional confessions.

"I sincerely doubt you have no friends," she starts, because Anju isn't going to touch teenage relationship troubles with a ten-foot pole. "I'm sure it all feels horrible right now. But you took Stormbreak into your hands when no others would, and have cared for it as much as you could ever since. You have been a good Heart - certainly nothing close to terrible." Great? No, but rulers are rarely ever great. Good is the best anyone can strive for in her mind. Keeping Sohalia close with one arm around her shoulders, Anju - the worst person for this task, and all business - sets about trying to fix things immediately, as is her way. "If the role is too strenuous for you right now, we can come up with alternatives. If all of it is enough to make you feel this way, then there is cause for concern." As Riya approaches close enough for the bond to snap back into place, Anju feels heavy disapproval for her wording come through and winces slightly.

"That is to say, you are still young Sohalia, and Stormbreak is not a burden meant for your shoulders alone. That is what we as your council members are here for." Though Anju isn't sure what use they will be in fixing things like first heartbreaks and self-esteem issues.
You're frightened by my bite
though it's no harsher than my bark

Messages In This Thread
catching my death - by Sohalia - 12-03-2023, 08:01 AM
RE: catching my death - by Anju - 12-08-2023, 10:49 PM
RE: catching my death - by Liam - 12-09-2023, 12:51 AM
RE: catching my death - by Sohalia - 12-09-2023, 01:19 AM
RE: catching my death - by Anju - 12-17-2023, 09:02 AM
RE: catching my death - by Liam - 12-20-2023, 01:56 AM
RE: catching my death - by Sohalia - 12-28-2023, 11:54 PM
RE: catching my death - by Anju - 01-02-2024, 12:57 AM
RE: catching my death - by Sohalia - 01-02-2024, 03:40 AM