are there still beautiful things?
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
So tired trying to see from behind the red in my eyes
No better version of me I could pretend to be tonight
He doesn't like it even a little, that's clear enough upon his face. The idea of her going to Torchline - into disaster - is terrifying, both from a personal and professional standpoint. Part of him wishes he could anchor here, could lock her in a cell in the Needle - a nice, comfy one, just until she sees sense. He probably could, honestly. Just scoop her up and shield her away.

He doesn't. But he could.

Swallowing down the urge to lock her away, Koa contents himself with searching in her face. "You know that isn't true," he murmurs, brow furrowed as she looks away. Gently, so gently, he reaches out, right palm cupping her chin within it, forcing her to turn back to him. What she'll see there... well, he doesn't rightly know. There's too many emotions for him to make sense of them, and too much exhaustion to hide them away.

His heart is too tired to flutter, too heavy for boyish bursts. But it cannot keep him from stepping forward, intimacy and closeness and things unsaid hanging in their shared air. "You aren't alone, Sohalia," Koa whispers, rough thumb running along her cheek. "You don't have to do this alone." Let me help you, his eyes are pleading. Let me carry some of it. Even just for now.
Koa
No other version of me I would rather be tonight
And, Lord, she found me just in time

Messages In This Thread
are there still beautiful things? - by Sohalia - 01-01-2024, 06:10 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-01-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-01-2024, 08:24 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-02-2024, 07:18 PM
RE: are there still beautiful things? - by Koa - 01-10-2024, 06:14 PM