everything is wrong
Open
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
In the aftermath of the meteor strike, everything had been chaos. Now, a few days later, through the tireless efforts of their Wardens, some semblance of order had been restored. At the very least, the infirmary had been repaired, efforts were underway to create emergency shelters in the palace, and search and rescue efforts were ongoing. Alys had pushed herself harder than ever before to keep up with her fellow Halovians, to contribute as much as she could to the recovery efforts. She just couldn't help but feel like it wasn't enough.

The joy from atop the Spyglass had long since retreated to hide in the back of her mind. In the hardest moments, the seer clung to its warmth in an effort to remind herself that this would pass, that Halo and its people would heal. Caido had been through worse and survived, and this tragedy, however great, would be no different. One day, she'd be able to go back to that happiness and hope. In the meantime, she held it close, a light in the darkness that had taken over Halo.

It was grating to be away from the recovery efforts, but Alys sat nonetheless in the corner booth of Kraai, having forced herself to take a break to get something to eat. As she kept reminding her fellows, they'd be of no use to anyone if they passed out from exhaustion, dehydration, or lack of food.

While she waited for the stew she'd ordered, the seer pulled out the deck of cards in her pocket, tracing the meaningless designs on their backs with one finger. She'd been trying to read the cards for days with varying levels of success. At first, they had told a tale of only death and destruction. Then, seemingly annoyed with her repetitive questions, they'd started to make no sense at all. She set them aside with a sigh. Some things were beyond even the wisdom of the cards.
sometimes i think all i'm ever doing is
trying to convince myself i'm alive
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.

Messages In This Thread
everything is wrong - by Alys - 01-02-2024, 01:11 AM
RE: everything is wrong - by Michael - 01-06-2024, 01:28 AM
RE: everything is wrong - by Alys - 01-07-2024, 03:26 AM